Arena Kitchens, celebrates 30 years in business this Autumn and has recently opened its second showroom in Dublin 18. We asked the kitchen experts to let us in on the top trends in kitchen design that you should be looking out for, plus their top advice to consider when sourcing or installing your new kitchen.
5 Top Trends In Kitchen Design
- Turning To The Dark Side
Coming into the New Year, we are seeing a move from bright colours and clean lines to a darker colour palette. The darker palette is evident in both lacquer and veneers like black stained oak or umbra / graphite grey lacquers and also across worktop material like the black beauty granite or the iron moss ceramic.
- Camouflage Appliances
Appliances that match the kitchen and are camouflaged are a huge trend for the upcoming season. Implementing this into your kitchen gives the illusion of the kitchen and living area blending into one
- No wall cupboards
The kitchen with no wall cupboards. No wall units give a more furniture look, this can be achieved with the use of better storage like the multimatic from Siematic.
Siematic introduced the handle less kitchen style in the early sixties and have developed it over the last number of decades. Nowadays they carry a huge range of options for a handle less kitchens, the possibilities are endless.
- Minimalistic Extractors
Extractors can be quite large and noticeable in kitchens, but the latest trend is to remove the feature extractor and include it within the cooker top. Brands such as Bora included it within the cooking system integrated hob and venting.
We understand that sourcing and installing a new kitchen is a big decision. A lot of time should be taken to think about your prefect kitchen, whether it will suit your home and your family needs, as it is a large purchase.
1. We would firstly recommend liaising with friends that have recently bought or installed a new kitchen, to get their advice and recommendations. Chatting to friends that have been in a similar position can firstly help you understand the process more but, you can also trust their advice and recommendations.
2. We advise purchasing a timeless, classic look that will not date your kitchen for years to come. Doing this means you get longevity out of your kitchen, so take your time, research classic trends and choose one that you feel wont date.
3. Setting a realistic budget and sticking to it is key when selecting your kitchen. We understand it’s nice to browse and dream, but there is no point selecting a kitchen brand that is way out of your budget.
4. Choosing a reputable company is important. We recommend liaising with a number of well known, respected brands and choose the brand that fits with your budget. Customers want to trust in their purchase and know if something happens or needs to be fixed, their chosen kitchen has a reliable after care process.
5. Working with a company, such as Arena Kitchens, that can source all components of your kitchen and act as a one stop shop, can prevent a lot of time loss and stress.
Arena Kitchens, celebrates 30 years in business this Autumn; the new showroom, boasting 500 square meters , is located on Maple Avenue, Stillorgan Business Park and houses luxury kitchen design brand SieMatic and high end contemporary furniture brand Ligne Roset.
The new showroom is also home to luxurious appliance brands such as Wolf Subzero, Gaggenau, Miele, Blanco, Quooker and Dornbracht.
For further information on Arena Kitchens or to make an appoint to visit the showroom located T20 Maple Avenue, Stillorgan Business Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18, visit www.arenakitchens.com or call 01 293 9268
Happy 30th Anniversary to all the team at Arena Kitchens
Pictured Above: Directors David Rafter & Kevin Rafter with Kevin Rafter Snr